Trusted Connection

• When I try to login as sa I am getting NOT ASSOSIATED WITH TRUSTED SERVER CONNECTION

Thanks

NI

• Your SQL server is probably configured for windows authentication only. Change it to mixed mode*.

*enterprise manager/properties on the server/security tab/(set authentication to "windows + SQL")

• I'm having the same problem and i followed your instructions and am still getting the same error.

Any ideas?

• Why are you trying to log in as 'sa'?

The system administrator should have access through his or her windows account.

• how should I login then? I just created an sa account because that seemed to be the norm.

• Ah, although the 'sa' account continues to exist it's a really bad hangover from 6.5 days.

Assuming you are a Local Administrator on this server, a default installation will allow you to use windows authentication - it's in the drop down box when you open SSMS.

Advancing from the defaults, once in, you should grant the DBA team access via an appropriate global group, as one of these guys you will still be able to administer SQL when you drop builtin\Administrators

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply