trouble loading simple text file

• I am having trouble importing a simple flat text file. My dts routine was running fine until the last couple of imports. The error I get is: Error Source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset Provider Error Description: Column Delimiter not found When I tried to do a straight forward import using enterprise manager I had an error: Need to run object to perform this operation. Provider generated code execution exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. When I tried to import the file into an excel spreadsheet it worked fine. None of the rows are missing any columns, and there are no row gaps. I would be grateful for any help or suggestions. Thanks, Olja

• I have sorted the problem! When I changed the file type from ANSI to OEM everything was fine. What is the OEM format? Why were the imports working fine until now?

Cheers,

Olja

• Seems like you had some non ASCI characters in the file.  OEM characters are...well...here, read this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarsqlsg/html/msdn_interntl.asp

Signature is NULL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply