Transactional Replication Performance

• Hi All,

I configured transactional replication with 2 publishers and 2 subscribers and one distribution and it is working fine, but i am facing performance issues and transaction latency is high.

We are making all changes to publisher database by loading files, Some time 2,00,000 to 3,00,000 rows going to updated/deleted/inserted on publisher database.

Please let me know, how can I improve the performance and it is an urgent issue for me

Thanks

Venkat.

• What steps have you taken to determine where the bottleneck is?

• venkatreddy.bashi (4/11/2010)

We are making all changes to publisher database by loading files, Some time 2,00,000 to 3,00,000 rows going to updated/deleted/inserted on publisher database.

How many rows are there in the articles?

Generating snapshot may help.

• Hi Suresh ,

The table has around 3 crores of records,but and the files loading will happen continuously

hence we can't apply snapsh every time.

Thanks

venkat

• How long it takes to load data into publisher? What is latency between Publisher and Distribuor? What is latency beween Distributor and Subscriber?

[font="Verdana"]--www.sqlvillage.com[/size][/font]

• You can consider using some of the advanced replication parameters like:

CommitBatchSize, CommitBatchThreshold and SubscriptionStreams.

SubscriptionStreams is a interesting and useful parameter to make data move from Distributor to Subscriber in multiple threads. Parallel processing make the data move faster.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply