Transaction Log Shipping Status Report by Email

• Hi Forum,

I wish to run the "Transaction Log Shipping Status Report" on my secondary server at selected intervals and have it email the report to recipients.

Does anyone have any idea how this could be done?

Thanks,

• Configure DatabaseMail or SQLMail on the Server and if you Auto Apply the Log using a JOB, use a STEP in the JOB, to send out Email message.

• Thanks Mani but I might not have been clear enough.

I don't want to email everytime a log goes gets applied to the secondary DB.

Within SQL 2005 there is a "transacation log shipping status" report which you can run which gives you the status of the copy and restore statuses of the log to the DB. I would like this to run every week and output the report to an email.

• select * from log_shipping_plan_history put this statement into job

• Hi,

I have tried this but I do not have a table called log_shipping_plan_history.

I have looked under the available tables from the MSDB database and this is not one of them.

I am on SQL Server 2005 if that helps.

Thanks,

• Hi Ben,

maybe you're question is already answered (I think so). But you can find the result of the Transaction Log Shipping Report in the Tables:

msdb..log_shipping_monitor_primary (for the primary server) and in

msdb..log_shipping_monitor_secondary (for the secondary server)

Regards

Helmut

• this returns the details of the SSMS report. Not formatted as nicely unfortunately

USE MASTER

GO

exec sys.sp_help_log_shipping_monitor

thanks, ERH
  • Thanks..

Really it helped me..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply