Transaction Log Shipping

• 3 of my secondary databases are getting errors during the restore job of their log shipping process. They all run successfully with the default runs times (every 15 minutes) 4 or 5 times, then start getting the following error (paraphrased):

"The log in this backupset is too recent to apply to the database."

I have tried increasing the run times in 15 minute increments up to an hour apart to no avail, so I don't the run times are the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sherry

• possibly a log backup is occurring on the primary outside of your logshipping process, this log backup would not be copied over to the secondary to be loaded in , leading to some missing lsns and the error you are getting. Check the errorlog of the primary to see if you can find log backups outside of your log shipping.

Another possibility is the log being truncated, check for that in the errorlog as well

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• We do, in fact, have transaction log backups running for the databases that end up failing. I suspected that might be the problem, but wanted another opinion. I'm going to disable the current transaction log backup job on one of them and set up the log shipping to test.

Thanks so much,

Sherry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply