Transaction

• I have a four tables and inserting values in all these four table.I want to make sure that if error occur during insert then all table will do the rollback.

I tried like this

Begin Transaction

Insert into table1 values (1,11)

Insert into table1 values (1,11)

Insert into table1 values (1,9999999999999999)

Insert into table1 values (1,88888888888888888)

if @@error <> 0

rollback

commit transaction

but in this case first two values are inserted in my table and they are not rollback.

Any guess?

• Remember:

The @@ERROR function can be used to capture the number of an error generated by the previous Transact-SQL statement. @@ERROR only returns error information immediately after the Transact-SQL statement that generates the error.

In your case modify your code to:

Because @@ERROR gets a new value when every Transact-SQL statement completes, process @@ERROR in one of two ways:

Test or use @@ERROR immediately after the Transact-SQL statement.

Save @@ERROR in an integer variable immediately after the Transact-SQL statement completes. The value of the variable can be used later.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• @@error only checks the error of the last statement, not the entire batch. Rather use Try Catch

http://sqlinthewild.co.za/index.php/2011/05/17/on-transactions-errors-and-rollbacks/

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply