Today's Random Word!

• Tornados...

Kansas City is under a watch. I hate when my SQL skills have no bearing on the current problem...

Peter Trast
    Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)
    Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems

• Peter Trast (5/24/2011)

Tornados...

Kansas City is under a watch. I hate when my SQL skills have no bearing on the current problem...

Apparently a lot of states were under watches and warnings last night. Twitter went insane with the comments.

I hope everyone is safe.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (5/25/2011)

Peter Trast (5/24/2011)

Tornados...

Apparently a lot of states were under watches and warnings last night. Twitter went insane with the comments.

I hope everyone is safe.

A few days ago, A tornado came down in Colorado. A member of our team took a picture of it. It ripped the roof off the house of her neighbor - 3 houses down the road. While only one house was damage (only being an F0 with wind speeds at about 85mph) - it falls short from the damage in Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma but it still opens your eyes to the strength and upredictability of the weather.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those that were impacted by these disasters.

Joe

• restart

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

restart

retread

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

restart

retread

retreat

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

restart

retread

retreat

Run away!! Run away!!

• Daniel Bowlin (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

restart

retread

retreat

Run away!! Run away!!

It's only a rabbit.

[edit: had to fix one word. I can't believe I got that quote wrong. :blush:]

• Daniel Bowlin (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

restart

retread

retreat

Run away!! Run away!!

Flee! Flee!! Flea!!!

Tom

Daniel Bowlin (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

restart

retread

retreat

Run away!! Run away!!

It's only a rabbit.

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

• crookj (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

restart

retread

retreat

Run away!! Run away!!

It's only a rabbit.

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

crookj (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

restart

retread

retreat

Run away!! Run away!!

It's only a rabbit.

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

WOTD - favorite; as in one of my favorite movies!

• bcsims 90437 (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

crookj (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/25/2011)

restart

retread

retreat

Run away!! Run away!!

It's only a rabbit.

WOTD - favorite; as in one of my favorite movies!

How many times does the cat get beat in that movie?

Learn Extended Events

Peter Trast (5/24/2011)

Tornados...

I hope everyone is safe.

Wow. At noon today a tornado touched down a half block from my office building while we huddled in the stairway. 132nd street and Metcalf in Overland Park, KS

http://twitpic.com/52e9zl (someone else's pic and not very good)

I heard the rain stop, then felt the pressure change in my ears and then heard the wind... some of the female employees started to tear up... and I wanted to go outside and watch it!!! Fortunately, good sense won out over curiosity.

It then went on to pass within a mile of my house where my wife and 9 kids were who I could not contact in any manner because the cells were jammed. That was the scary part.

Time to think about that move to Arizona again...

Peter Trast
    Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)
    Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems

• Peter Trast (5/25/2011)

I heard the rain stop, then felt the pressure change in my ears and then heard the wind... some of the female employees started to tear up... and I wanted to go outside and watch it!!! Fortunately, good sense won out over curiosity.

Speaking as someone who grew up in Tornado Alley, what is it with men wanting to tempt fate? If you want to see a tornado, plant a webcam outside and watch it from the safety of the stairwell on your laptop. Don't stand in its path!

At least you had the good sense to stay inside. I know too many people who would have gone outside and gaped at it. @sigh.

Sorry. Rant over. Soapbox going back in the closet.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,426 through 4,440 (of 21,190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply