Today's Random Word!

• crookj (5/9/2011)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOTD - Sadness or disgusted

Sadness cause the Lakers are history for the year. disgusted on the unsportsmanlike (a new WOTD?) way they went down. Seems like they are taking lessons from another CA team - The Raiders....

Joe

Disinterested

🙂 Sorry, not meant about your comment. I am referring to pro sports. I ended my pro sports addiction on the second baseball strike. They don't need my money or attention, bunch of spoiled babies...

College sports is the last bastion of sports entertainment... but since I turned off the cable 11 years ago, I don't catch much of that either. I have been on Internet entertainment for a decade and I have never looked back

And you know what Joe, I understand what you mean. Especially about the disgusted. Another reason to never go back to it.

My condolences on the season... now what?

Peter Trast

Microsoft Certified ...(insert many literal strings here)

Microsoft Design Architect with Alexander Open Systems

=========================================

Some reason - quote is not working properly this morning.....

=========================================

I fully understand where you are coming from. It took me almost 10 years to come back after giving up on the NBA after Dennis Rodman married himself. I said if I want to watch insanity - I could put on the WWF (apologies to all the wrestling fans out there...)

And now - maybe not even an NFL season for this year. I think I will join you and focus on college. I have been migrating towards then anyway so now is a good time to make the jump.

Joe

• Daniel Bowlin (5/10/2011)

Ray K (5/10/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (5/10/2011)

WOTD: Hands

Feet

Inches

Metres. (no more of that imperial garbage)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (5/10/2011)

Daniel Bowlin (5/10/2011)

Ray K (5/10/2011)

Feet

Inches

Meters (I gotta pay the electric bill today...)

• bcsims 90437 (5/10/2011)

GilaMonster (5/10/2011)

Ray K (5/10/2011)

Feet

Inches

Meters (I gotta pay the electric bill today...)

Republic.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• GilaMonster (5/10/2011)

Ray K (5/10/2011)

Feet

Inches

Except of course for electrical and magnetic units: those SI units are based on the BAAS units chosen in 1873, adopted internationally at the first IEC in 1881, and revised to fit MKS (again at BAAS instigation) instead of CGS at the second IEC in 1893; you can't get much more imperial than BAAS slap in the second half of Victoria's reign, except perhaps for Napoleon's hybrid system (les mesures usuelles - chosen personally by the Emperor of France - which fell out of usage a long time ago) or maybe some long disused Babylonian or Roman system of measurement. So we'll keep the imperial garbage for electricity and magnetism and use some of the metric garbage for mass, length, and volume (only some of it because the c,d,da, and h prefixes seem to be deprecated in SI).

I wonder which the candela counts as? It was firmly aimed at being equal to the British candlepower; that's where the magic number 60 came from in the original (1946) CIPM proposal for the "new candle" (renamed candela when CGPM 9 ratified the CIPM proposal in 1948) - of course that 60 changed from 60 to 600000 at CGPM 13 in 1967 (that was a CGS to MKS change: 1/60 cm^2 = 1/600000 m^2) and changed again to 683 at CGPM 16 in 1973 (or maybe 683 and a bit) when it was redefined in terms of a source generating so many watts per steradian of monchromatic light at a particluar frequency: the definition in terms of radiation from a Plank body radiator surface of 1/600000 sq metres at the melting point of platinum (about 3215 °F) at a standard pressure (101.325 Pa, about 1 atm) was not useful - if you don't agree, try making one in your kitchen. Anyway, despite its British roots no-one thinks of it as an imperial measure.

Tom

• crookj (5/9/2011)

WOTD - Sadness or disgusted

Sadeness

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• WOTD: sago

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (5/11/2011)

WOTD: sago

saga

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• snow - fell last night and still on the roofs here. A little in the grass.

• pee - the dog last night and none on the roofs here. A lot in the grass.

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/11/2011)

snow - fell last night and still on the roofs here. A little in the grass.

snow and rain here. Expecting it to do more of the same through july:-P

Learn Extended Events

• smashing

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (5/11/2011)

smashing

pumpkins

• Daniel Bowlin (5/11/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/11/2011)

smashing

pumpkins

uh - oh. That is precisely the thought I had.

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (5/11/2011)

Daniel Bowlin (5/11/2011)

SQLRNNR (5/11/2011)

smashing

pumpkins

uh - oh. That is precisely the thought I had.

rock on dude:cool:

Viewing 15 posts - 4,336 through 4,350 (of 21,190 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply