The New MVPs

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item The New MVPs

• {insert sounds of cheers and applause here}

Congrats one and all! Job well done!

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Congratz to Kathi and Jacob.

Way to go.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    "It takes 15 minutes to learn the game and a lifetime to master"
    "Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."

• Thanks to every one! Special thanks to Steve and Jeff for being great educators. I learned a lot from Jeff especially on 'how-to-make-a-good-post' kind of stuff and realized many of the mistakes I made during my early days on the forums.

Thanks again

Jacob

• No doubt at all, this was very well deserved, Jacob. Your series on XML is by far the clearest and easiest to understand. It puts Books-on-line to shame. You must have put a great deal of work into it.

Best wishes,
    Phil Factor

• Thanks Phil,

And thanks for bringing up those great 'work-benches' at simple-talk. Learned a lot from you. 🙂

• Many, many congratulations. Well earned and well deserved.

A Jaeger on me Kathi!

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• 'gratz folks.

thanks for all you do for the community.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• I have learned a good bit and continue to learn from Jacob in the MSDN SQL XML forum. Also, I have read and benefited from a few of his XML articles here at SQL Server Central. Jacob has been and continues to be a top contributor in the MSDN SQL forumns and now is also contributing to the MS Wiki. Finally, Jacob is the first person that I nominated for the MVP award -- very deserving. 🙂

Congratulations to both Jacob and Kathy.

Jacob:

It has been a pleasure.

Kent

• Congratulations Kathy and Jacob. Way to go! - RAJAN JOHN

• Congrats guys.

Keep up the good work

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Pile on the love fest!

Very nice work and congrats to both!~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Congrats!

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Congragulate all 3 persons who were awarded MVP's and are members of sqlservercentral group.

Also want to start yearly award according to this website postings to increase compition and users availability.

• Congratulations Kathi and Jacob.

---
    Timothy A Wiseman
    SQL Blog: http://timothyawiseman.wordpress.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply