The msdb database

• Hello -

How can I find the size of my database backup by querying the msdb database?

I am not sure where to look..

sheppc1214.

• You want to query the following table: msdb.dbo.backupset.

You will find a full description of the table in Books Online (BOL), the SQL Server Help System. Press the {f1} function key to open it up. In the Index tab, under look for, enter backupset system table.

• Thank you very much!!!

sheppc1214

• On the same topic ...

Will RESTORE FILELISTONLY command provide the answer to my question ?

• sheppc1214 (6/7/2009)

On the same topic ...

Will RESTORE FILELISTONLY command provide the answer to my question ?

You could have answered this question yourself by reading BOL instead of posting the question here and waiting for an answer.

From my reading of BOL both RESTOER FILELISTONLY and RESTORE HEADERONLY may provide you this answer as well.

• I may suspect that I have the answer .. I post the question so as to receive a confirmation from experts like yourself (not withstanding the snide remarks)

• sheppc1214 (6/7/2009)

I may suspect that I have the answer .. I post the question so as to receive a confirmation from experts like yourself (not withstanding the snide remarks)

Then perhaps a better worded question asking for confirmation would have been better than one just seeking an answer. That would have shown you had read the entries instead of just asking others to do it for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply