The logon failed. (rsReportServerDatabaseLogonFailed)

• We recently had to move our reporting server, to another domain.  I can finally connect to this machine, and can administer it, and log into sql, etc.  But when running the Report Manager, i get the error in the title (The logon failed. (rsReportServerDatabaseLogonFailed)).

I am not sure what is being missed.  The sql service was changed for this new domain.  The iis looks like it has rights.  I am just not sure what else to look at.

Thanks

• after a little more intense searching online, i was able to find some other people with a similar problem.  After a few failed attempts, i was able to find the magic fix that reset my user.  rsconfig with the correct paramaters finally was able to fix it up.

• But how to reset your user.  rsconfig with the correct paramaters

Thanks

• i looked at books online about it, and google.  i cant really remember where i found info about it.  But it was fairly simple. 

here is a link.  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/rsuiref/htm/cpu_rsconfig_v1_5f1e.asp

when i ran it, i was unsure of what would happen.  So i simply put in the information that i thought it should be, and it worked.  Bang, i was in...

• In my case the service went down; just had to restarted.

{Francisco}

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply