The Lighter Side - Life is like an analogy

• I've long enjoyed David's writing style and humour - both in his posts and his articles - this was fun reading!

I think there's another distinct analogy lurking between end users and turds!!! :hehe:

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• I for one am eagerly anticipating Part II, where we get to hear about multi-phase projects, and no doubt the highly useful Phase II/refactoring tool as shown here:

Major Refactoring tool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• David.Poole (5/15/2008)

Hi,

I'm Dave's wife, I can recommend an earlier article " users from hell", I am fairly computer illiterate but still managed to split my sides over that one myself!.

Another good bet for yourself is "users from hell 2" - but don't show it to the boss - he'll think your having a pop at him!!!

Good luck with the appraisal!

All the best

Kate Poole

Thanks Kate. Surely I will go thru that also......:w00t:

• sushila (5/15/2008)

I've long enjoyed David's writing style and humor - both in his posts and his articles - this was fun reading!

I think there's another distinct analogy lurking between end users and turds!!! :hehe:

My first thought was, "I'm not going to shake hands with those kids after they've been squeezing turds between thumb and forefinger." :w00t:

We had a secretary who asked me why all the developers spend so much time in the bathroom. I replied, "You know we are just full of ..." :hehe:

ATBCharles Kincaid

• Great article, completely spot on! Definitely enlightened my day (including the responses).

Of course, when we were kids, we were never like that on road trips, were we.... :Whistling::ermm:

Ian.

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
    -- Winston Churchill

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply