The Express Choice

• Gary Varga (3/11/2015)

My son is working and I have to pick him up. It's the Rock'n'Roll lifestyle here 😉

Right, then, for your reading pleasure whilst you wait:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/10/high-noon-for-gary-why-is-the-once-popular-name-on-the-verge-of-extinction

Didn't know you're an endangered species, did you? 😉

• I'm doomed!!! :crazy:

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• As for wireless we have always been in one of two modes: Constantly connected inside the four-walls or casually (as in seldom) connected outside. I'm the kind of person to jerk out the antenna cable mid-transmission just to test recovery.

This thread has become a lesson that good things can be done at low cost depending more upon what you are willing to put up with.

ATBCharles Kincaid

• Charles Kincaid (3/12/2015)

... I'm the kind of person to jerk out the antenna cable mid-transmission just to test recovery. ...

Me, too! At a previous employer we had a ERP system that used an application server and didn't use SQL Server's transaction log properly/effectively. I had a meeting with the IT and ERP managers who said the system had been improved. So I proposed cloning the system, starting a billing process, then yanking the power plug on the SQL box. The ERP manager was almost apoplectic.

Sadly I didn't get to run that test. I REALLY wanted to! (The vendor's recovery model was to restore a backup to a point in time before you started the billing run.)

-----
    [font="Arial"]Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves or we know where we can find information upon it. --Samuel Johnson[/font]

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply