The encrypted data in the project manifest failed to load

• Hello, an inherited SSIS (2012) solution displays the following messages when I try opening it in VS 2012:

"One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly."

Then another message displays

"The encrypted data in the project manifest failed to load. The project manifest is corrupted or the project was encrypted by another user."

Any suggestions?

Thanks B

• I've had the same issue when loading packages created by others and they ran fine when I ran them.

Chances are, the only thing that you might have to fix is the password for your connections. That's likely what didn't get loaded since the package was encrypted to use another person's Id.

In my case it was not an issue since the connection(s) used Windows Authentication.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Thanks but I need to get to the source.

• Barkstuff (9/8/2015)

Thanks but I need to get to the source.

Source of the error?

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I need access to the solution to modify it.

• Does the package(s) appear in the solution explorer?

Alvin Ramard

• An inherited SSIS (2012) solution displays the following messages when I try opening it in VS 2012:

"One or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly."

Then another message displays

"The encrypted data in the project manifest failed to load. The project manifest is corrupted or the project was encrypted by another user."

Any suggestions?

• You didn't answer my question!

You probably have a usable package loaded, but how should I know if you won't answer?

Take a look at what got loaded.

Alvin Ramard

• Obviously I should have made myself much clearer from the start.

My predecessor ported an SSIS solution to 2012. It contained 8 packages. By default the solution was encrypted to him. One of the permanent guys used his login to extract the solution but somehow lost his credentials to the project and the project was lost. I then exported the ispac file and used his account to create an "import" solution thus I have it back.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply