That old Chestnut

• Yes, I have a problem with a DTS Package executing from SQL Enterprise Manager versus when the DTS package is scheduled as a job. 

I have set up an Import DTS Package to extract data from an AS400.  I have configured the Operations Navigator to use the same Username and Password as in Windows. 

This works a treat now and I don't need to log into the AS400 to extract data.  It will extract data now and NOT prompt me with a login.

The only problem is now actually scheduling a Job.  The job will run fine when it is executed from SQL EM, but when it is scheduled, it is completely useless.  Does anyone know what is happening or a way around this. 

Thanks

• Probably security.  Scheduled packages run in the security context of the account used for SQL Server Agent.  Search on this site for "scheduling dts" and you'll find more than you need to know.

Greg

Greg

• Hi Jonah,

Assuming you use client access to log onto the AS/400 - then:

If you change you Scheduled job to have the following operating system command as step 1, then your import dts extract as step 2 all will work fine:

"c:\program files\ibm\client access\cwblogon.exe"  xxxxxxxx /u yyyyyy /p zzzzzzz

Where xxxxxxxx is the AS/400 name, yyyyyy = a valid as/400 user id, and zzzzzzz = the password for yyyyyy user id.

If cwblogon.exe is in another directory, then change to it's path.

This will log your job onto the AS/400 for you, and step 2 the import will work just fine. Note: The AS/400 user id has no initial menu and no library list, so if anyone tried to use it to log onto the AS/00, it just sign's them off.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply