• Hi

How can we perform testing of below SQL components

1)SQLServer2005_BackwardCompatibility_8.EN

2)SQLServer2005_ClientComponents_9.EN

3)SQLServer2005_DatabaseServices_9.EN

4)SQLServer2005_NativeClient_9.EN

5)SQLServer2005_SetupSupportFiles_9.EN

6)SQLServer2005_VSSWriter_9.EN

• I have no idea what are you trying to achieve here, can you explain more in greater details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• I'm sorry, I don't understand. Why do you want to test SQL Server components specifically? Do you mean you want to test the functions that these components support? If not, what is it that you're trying to do?

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• i want to test the functions that these components support

• What do you mean performance testing or functional tests? Many of the functions supported by these have examples that you can use listed in Books Online.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply