Table that is required for a join cannot be reached based on the relationships in the data source view

• Hi

I want to filter a dimension, without limiting the source data in the table.

SSAS2k had a SourceTableFilter property where you can filter a dimension. For SSAS2005 I used now a named query where I filter the rows. So I have:

fact_sales_line

dim_doctype (physical table)

dim_doctype_filtered (view table with filter)

The relations are over the id from fact to dim tables.

When building the dimension the error appears: The 'dim_doctype_filtered' table that is required for a join cannot be reached based on the relationships in the data source view.

How the relations must be changed for view tables? Is there another solution to filter a dimension attribute?

Thanks for help.

Jan

• Made a separate dimension for the table view(may mixing was not good), but now I get a missing attribute error because the fact table has more keys than the filtered dimension. So how can a dimension be filtered?

• While i was processing the dimensions after migrating cube from 2000 ssas to 2005 ssas i am getting below error.

Errors in the high-level relational engine. The 'TABLE' table that is required for a join cannot be reached based on the relationships in the data source view.

I tried to compare the XML from datasource view against the xml from dimension but not of much help. I am still playing around with it.

If anyone knows the solution please help us.

thanks in advance,

venu

• Hi did you find any soultion to your problem? I have a simliar problem.

Regards,

• Hi,

Have you Solved ur problem.I am having the problem.

• have you set the relationship in the right direction? this error may occure when you've set the relationship by dragging from the id column of the dim table to the fk column in the fact table

• I know this is an old post but after an hour of eliminating possible problems I just dumped the dimension and recreated it and it worked. I checked both the old problematic and the new dimension and the designs were a match.

Whatever. If this stuff worked we would all be out of work.

🙂

• If you have all the calculation members with it then will be all gone as well?

I wish can dump all the tables and recreate but may not able to afford that.

MM

• I had the same issue and couldnt find the cause.

Suddenly I recalled that I edited the id-field as key-value for the dimension; I used another field as name column, but tried to undo that later by using the id-field as name column (itself).

Deploying the dimension kept failing giving the error stated in this thread.

After dropping the id-field and re-adding it (and NOT changing the name-field) the deployment went fine, problem solved.....

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply