sys.dm_os_performance_counters

• Looking at Logins/Sec it has cntr_value of 1660045. There is no way that is correct, we do not even have that many users. It also shows that we had 32359 logout/sec and this seems high too.

The user connections might be correct, at 52.

Anyone know why the I am getting so many logins/sec and logout/sec in this DMV?

• Those numbers are cumulative since SQL was last started. In order to get the actual numbers for a specific time period you will need to use a delta. I use a temp table that captures the values from the previous query of the DMV, use that to subtract from the current run, insert the difference into the a tracking table and then replace the values in the temp table with the values I just gathered from the latest pull.

• Thanks... being a counter since reboot.. the term /sec is worthless then. Thanks for the help and the work around!

• dwilliscp (10/25/2012)

Thanks... being a counter since reboot.. the term /sec is worthless then. Thanks for the help and the work around!

I just use variables for the per/second counters

declare @v1 bigint, @v2 bigint

select @v1 = cntr_value from master.sys.dm_os_performance_counters

where counter_name='Batch Requests/sec'

waitfor delay '00:00:01'

select @v2 = cntr_value from master.sys.dm_os_performance_counters

where counter_name='Batch Requests/sec'

select @v2 - @v1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply