Suspect mode database

• Hi All,

I am facing a problem, one of my DB is going on suspect mode, i am not understanding why it is going frequently... Help me please

Thanks in Advance...

Satish

• Check the SQL error log, there will be messages in there saying why SQL marked the database suspect.

You've probably got some hardware problems, check error and event logs for your storage.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Yes. Tha't true, it might be SQL patches. 🙂

• No, it won't be SQL patches. It might be hardware problems.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

• Hi satish,

Could you please give more information. Like for instance is the database a production database or a standby database (in a logshipping configuration), SQL Server version, etc. Thanks in advance.

• Hi Salone,

This is the Production server, using SQL server 2005 & Mirror configuration with SP2

Thank You...

Satish

• GilaMonster (7/21/2011)

Check the SQL error log, there will be messages in there saying why SQL marked the database suspect.

Without those error messages, no way to say anything.

Gail Shaw

• satish.saidapur (7/25/2011)

Hi Salone,

This is the Production server, using SQL server 2005 & Mirror configuration with SP2

Thank You...

Satish

I had once a suspect database but on a log shipping configuration and it was the standby database, it looks that when you are log shipping and you leave the secondary database in readonly mode, the database can become suspect, it was a bug in SQL 2005 prior to SP3. Thank you for the information, but since it is not log shipping, I will agree with Gail, you must tell us what does the SQL error log and the storage event log say. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply