Suggestions Please "[37000][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Could not complete cursor operation because the table schema changed after the cursor was declared."

• Hi recieving this error message does anybody have any advice in order to overcome this issue?

"[37000][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Could not complete cursor operation because the table schema changed after the cursor was declared."

Thanks

Maz

• Hmm, the only thing I can say about this error, is that you have a cursor opened, and then the table was modified somehow by another process.

Is this a recurring error or a first time offense?

• I would get this when performing index maintenance "dropping / creating" indexes on a table while users have server side cursors open.

• Hi Remi and Rick,

Thank you both for the information supplied. Remi this seems to be re-occuring daily. However you`ve given me an idea of what possibly could`ve gone wrong which is what i was after.

Regards,

Maz

• Glad we could help, can you post back when you find the solution so that others can benefit from your experience?

• Is this happening at the same general time everyday?

Are you perhaps running a database maintenance plan?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply