Subscription Error - please help

• Error: The current action cannot be completed because the user data

source credentials that are required to execute this report are not

stored in the report server database.

(rsInvalidDataSourceCredentialSetting)

I used shared data source and selected the "A Shared data source" in the data source section. However, I still got the error above after publishing the reports and shared data source.

• I have the same issue here...

And even more strange is that I'm using this feature arleady a few years now and only with my last (new), datasource I have this issue...

• Try connecting data source with the existing connection string?

If it is not getting connected then you have to change the datasource

else may be there can be problem in authentication mode.

Have you changed authentication mode of report server.

From Windows to forms or forms to windows??

rs log files may direct you to some conclusions

• N does user have sufficient right now to perform the operation?

• ashu.suhag (3/16/2009)

Try connecting data source with the existing connection string?

If it is not getting connected then you have to change the datasource

I created the Model via VS, I tested the connection and the result was succesfull

else may be there can be problem in authentication mode.

Have you changed authentication mode of report server.

From Windows to forms or forms to windows??

Authentication mode is mixed and for test reasons I did create the users on SQL and dba also...

Still same result...

rs log files may direct you to some conclusions

I tried to "read" those logfiles and googled some things but no real results...

• Ashok Suhag (3/16/2009)

N does user have sufficient right now to perform the operation?

Yep, the user is in our Domain Admins group for test purposes

• This may not be a best practice (I'd be interested on your feedback about that) but it works. I always choose 'custom data source' and 'credentials stored securely in the report server' when creating a subscription. It hasn't failed me yet.

• Bob (3/16/2009)

This may not be a best practice (I'd be interested on your feedback about that) but it works. I always choose 'custom data source' and 'credentials stored securely in the report server' when creating a subscription. It hasn't failed me yet.

About the domain admins: I know, I just did it for testing purposes...but the issue is still there...

I already switched to "store credentials...." like I found in many posts but when I do that I receive an error (see also screenshot: "error_on_report_after_adjustments.jpg".)

"An error has occurred during report processing.

Query execution failed for data set 'dataSet'.

Incorrect syntax near '<'. The label 'xmlns' has already been declared. Label names must be unique within a query batch or stored procedure. The label 'xmlns' has already been declared. Label names must be unique within a query batch or stored procedure. The label 'xmlns' has already been declared. Label names must be unique within a query batch or stored procedure. The label 'xsi' has already been declared. Label names must be unique within a query batch or stored procedure."

The properties of datasource of the report are setup like in the screenshot "properties_datasources.jpg"

Now, I must admit I'm now a wizzkid when it comes to RS but I take next steps to create a Report Model because in the reports I use "shared datasources":

- I create the datasource: CAD_05032009.ds. I test the connections and it works

- On that datasource I create a datasourceview: CAD_05032009.dsv

- On the datasourceview I create the Report Model: CAD_05032009.smdl

- Then I build and deploy the model.

This procedure works (already for a few years now) and my reports runs the only thing that doesn't work (anymore) are the Subscriptions...

Many thanks for the help...

Jurgen

ps: Edit: Typo

• I appreciate you sharing that process. I'm not familiar with it, but it sounds like something I'll research. I'm wondering if there's a windows patch or sql server patch that's come out and is affecting this. I can't think of another explanation...Both of you say this has been working fine for some time and it just stops with no code changes....

• Problem is solved: 🙂

We are running a .net application against the database. This applications is connecting to the SQL Dba with a SQL User. When I open the datasource with VS and I put this SQL User in than my Subscriptions work BUT only when I enter the authentication data in VS not via RS (which is very strange because we are talking about the same datasource properties...).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply