Stored procedure problem

• I am developing an application using SQL 2000 SP4. I created the following code for an invoicing procedure: When I try to run the code it does not do anything, however if I comment out all the lines before the insert statement it works fine. I just need to understand what is wrong with the code because this is my protection against double invoicing. When I run the code in Query Analyzer, it gives no errors but when I execute the procedure nothing happens.

Any help will be most appreciated

Create PROCEDURE udpInvoiceAviation

(@Folderid int,

@TxnID int = Null Output,

@RetMsg varchar(200) = Null Output,

@RetCode int = Null Output)

AS

SET NOCOUNT ON

Declare @InvoiceCheck int

Declare @InvoiceDetailCheck int

Select @RetCode = 1 , @RetMsg = ' '

Begin

If (Select Count(TxnID) from tblInvoiceDetails where FolderID = @FolderID and InvoiceLineClassRefListID = 1) = 0

If @InvoiceDetailCheck = 0

Select @RetCode = 0, @TxnID = 0, @RetMsg =IsNull(@RetMsg,'') + 'There are no Aviation Invoices, you can not create invoice without tickets' + Char(13) + Char(10)

End

Begin

If (Select Count(InvoiceNo) from tblInvoice where FolderID = @FolderID and InvoiceClass = 1) > 0

If @InvoiceCheck = 0

Select @RetCode = 0, @TxnID = 0, @RetMsg = IsNull(@RetMsg,'') + 'This service was already invoiced, you can not create another invoice' + Char(13) + Char(10)

End

If @RetCode = 0

Return

INSERT INTO dbo.tblInvoice

(FolderID, NoOfPax, Branch, CompanyCode, Customer, IssueDate, ReferenceNo, CCNumber, ExpiryDate, FolderOwner, TermsRefListID,

Currency, InvoiceType, TourismFileNo, Memo, InvoiceClass, InvoiceNo)

SELECT dbo.tblTravelFolder.FolderID, dbo.tblTravelFolder.NoOfPax, dbo.tblTravelFolder.Branch, dbo.tblTravelFolder.CompanyCode,

RTRIM(ISNULL(dbo.tblTravelFolder.ReqByLastName, '')) AS Customerreffullname, dbo.tblTravelFolder.ServiceDate As IssueDate,

dbo.tblTravelFolder.PONO AS PONO, dbo.tblTravelFolder.CCNumber AS CCNumber, dbo.tblTravelFolder.ExpiryDate AS ExpiryDate,

dbo.tblTravelFolder.FolderOwner, ISNULL(dbo.tblTravelFolder.Payment, N'Credit') AS IssueType, N'EGP' AS Currency,

dbo.tblTravelFolder.ServiceType AS InvoiceType, isnull(TourismFileNo,''), dbo.tblTravelFolder.AirlineMemo, N'1' AS InvoiceClass,

udfInvoiceNo.MaxInvoiceNo AS InvoiceNo

FROM dbo.tblTravelFolder CROSS JOIN

dbo.udfInvoiceNo() udfInvoiceNo

WHERE (dbo.tblTravelFolder.FolderID = @FolderID)

IF @@ROWCOUNT = 1

SELECT @TxnID = @@IDENTITY ,

@RetCode = 1,

@Retmsg = 'Txn number ' + Convert(varChar, @@IDENTITY) + ' added successfully'

ELSE

SELECT

@RetCode = 0,

@RetMsg = 'Insertion of new invoice failed, please check with the administrator'

RETURN

• As far as I can tell the insert will always take place as @RetCode is never set to zero because you

declare @InvoiceCheck and @InvoiceDetailCheck but do not set their values and they will contain null.

What do you mean by the procedure does nothing, does it return any values in the parameters?

The proc will not show any output itself because you 'SET NOCOUNT ON'

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• If I execute the procedure without commenting out all the lines above the insert line, nothing happens. I do check that by looking at the invoice tables which should show the inserts. If I remove all the code above the insert line, the tables will show the inserts.

• Is the RETURN command above the INSERT line part of your testing?

Ade

A Freudian Slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
    For detail-enriched answers, ask detail-enriched questions...[/url]

• I tested the logic of the code you posted and could not replicate your problem, the INSERT command was always executed, so I still stand by my original post.

I would have written the proc list this

Create PROCEDURE udpInvoiceAviation

@Folderid int,

@TxnID int = Null OUTPUT,

@RetMsg varchar(200) = Null OUTPUT,

@RetCode int = Null OUTPUT

AS

DECLARE @RowCT int

SET @RetCode = 1

SET @RetMsg = ' '

IF (SELECT COUNT(TxnID) FROM tblInvoiceDetails WHERE FolderID = @FolderID AND InvoiceLineClassRefListID = 1) = 0

BEGIN

SET @RetCode = 0

SET @TxnID = 0

SET @RetMsg = 'There are no Aviation Invoices, you can not create invoice without tickets' + Char(13) + Char(10)

RETURN

END

IF (SELECT COUNT(InvoiceNo) FROM tblInvoice WHERE FolderID = @FolderID and InvoiceClass = 1) > 0

BEGIN

SET @RetCode = 0

SET @TxnID = 0

SET @RetMsg = 'This service was already invoiced, you can not create another invoice' + Char(13) + Char(10)

RETURN

END

INSERT INTO dbo.tblInvoice

(FolderID, NoOfPax, Branch, CompanyCode, Customer, IssueDate, ReferenceNo, CCNumber, ExpiryDate, FolderOwner, TermsRefListID,

Currency, InvoiceType, TourismFileNo, Memo, InvoiceClass, InvoiceNo)

SELECT f.FolderID, f.NoOfPax, f.Branch, f.CompanyCode,

RTRIM(ISNULL(f.ReqByLastName, '')) AS [Customerreffullname], f.ServiceDate As IssueDate,

f.PONO AS [PONO], f.CCNumber AS [CCNumber], f.ExpiryDate AS [ExpiryDate],

f.FolderOwner, ISNULL(f.Payment, N'Credit') AS [IssueType], N'EGP' AS [Currency],

f.ServiceType AS [InvoiceType], ISNULL(TourismFileNo,''), f.AirlineMemo, N'1' AS [InvoiceClass],

i.MaxInvoiceNo AS [InvoiceNo]

FROM dbo.tblTravelFolder f

CROSS JOIN dbo.udfInvoiceNo() i

WHERE (f.FolderID = @FolderID)

SET @RowCT = @@ROWCOUNT

IF @RowCT = 1

BEGIN

SET @TxnID = @@IDENTITY

SET @RetCode = 1

SET @Retmsg = 'Txn number ' + Convert(varChar, @@IDENTITY) + ' added successfully'

END

ELSE

BEGIN

SET @RetCode = 0

SET @RetMsg = 'Insertion of new invoice failed, please check with the administrator'

END

RETURN

Far away is close at hand in the images of elsewhere.
    Anon.

• This worked fine, I must have missed something in the typing. I really appreciate your effort as you can not imagine how much this helped me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply