Step through Data Flow

• I am new to SSIS package and have some trouble debbuging it.....Can we step over from Control Flow to DataFlow and start debbuging...It gives me a message box saying "Unable to step. Not Implement"

• What in particular are you trying to debug?

Usually in a dataflow you use the data viewers to see what the data looks like going into the different component to try to find your issues. You can't step through it though, no. At least not that I know of. It's a pipeline, it doesn't 'stop' at certain points except for certain controls.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• You can add data viewers in the data flow, which can be somewhat helpful.

• I have a dataflow which extracts data from the flat file and loads it into Sql Server, b ut for some reason the last row is not added to my destination database (I get the following e warning message from the execution results tab "There is a partial row at the end of the file"....As u said i included the dataviewer between the Flat file Source and the Derived column and i noticed it doesn't contain that record...I opened the flat file and tried to look at the records but it looks good to me....

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Just Figured out that the last row doesn't have a character return, so it didn't pick up....How do i validate to check whether there is a character return at the end of the file(I guess we can do it using StreamReader class but not sure how??)

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply