static and dynamic table

• dear experts,

i heard in a session, that the tables which are modifying continuously are known as dynamic tables.and which are not are known as static tables.

my question is how to find the statics to judge static and dynamic tables?

• I am not sure if I got your question correct, static tables are the master tables that are populated with some canned data at the time of creation of the database in a typical system setup. Rather they have a pre defined set of data populated in them that hardly changes. There is no specific term like Static table and Dynamic table, but all tables that are used for inserts, updates and deletes with data getting modified can be termed as dynamic tables.

Prasad Bhogadi
    www.inforaise.com

• you might be confusing a VIEW with "dynamic tables"; a VIEW is really a SELECT statement which has been saved, and is automatically updated whenever the underlying tables it references are updated;

so if you had a table tbOrders, that table is "static", in that it stays the way it is unless you perform an INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE, but a VIEW that does SELECT SUM(tbOrders.OrderAmt) from tbOrders Group By itemCode would be what you might call a virtual or dynamic table;

does that help?

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply