SSRS text box max length issue

• Hi everyone,

I have a comments fieldname with nvarchar(2000).

When pulled into a report, the text value is getting cut off.

Is there a place to reconfigure SSRS to accept the entire Comments value?

Thanks in advance

• I wasn't aware of a limit on the textbox, is it being outputted (as there is a limit in excel cells) into excel or being cut off when being rendered in SSRS?

• Thanks for your prompt response.

Here is an example of what is going on. The following text is inserted into the database:

The ID Blvd near Interstate 20 is currently experiencing quality of life issues including prostitution, drug sales, drug consumption as well as the problems associated with these crimes.

The fieldname is srComments.

I pulled this value into SSRS report, it shows this:

The ID Blvd near Interstate 20 is currently experiencing quality of life issues including prostitution, drug sales, drug consumption as

cutting off this portion >== well as the problems associated with these crimes.

This is one of 3 such instances.

So, just wandering if there is anywhere in properties or somewhere else that could be adjusted to allow entire text to dispay on the report.

• Ok, sorry my fault.

I set the the length at nvarchar(150) programmaticall and that was the problem.

Sorry about that.

• have you set the text box property CanGrow to true? Screenshot attached...

• NP glad you got it sorted.

• Hopefully, you wouldn't mind me asking a separate question on same thread.

When I export data to PDF, I see extra blank page.

So, instead of one page, it shows 2 pages, one extra blank page.

Instead of 2 pages, it shows 4 pages, 2 extra blank pages, etc.

I am using ssrs 2005 and I don't where you could reconfigure properties to ignore or consumeWhiteSpace as it is the case with ssrs 2008.

Do you or anyone else have any clue how to his fixed?

• I suspect this is an issue with your page size settings and the size of your objects more than anything to do with whitepace. You can check to see if it is whitespace by selecting the data from the dataset and pasting into notepad. then by going to the end of the text. If you do have issues with whitespace then you will have to address by moving the whitespace.

If whitespace isn't the issue then check the following;

1. Page size settings (screenshot attached)

2. Object size's by checking the properties of each object.

• Thanks a lot for your help. It is much appreciated.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply