SSRS see who's looked at reports

• hi

i think this is easy and i'm missing something obvious....

how do i see who has been looking at reports on the SSRS server?

i've tried mucking about with the properties>history> and ticking "Store all report execution snapshots in history "

but it gets the hump with "Credentials used to run this report are not stored"

erm...stumped, any ideas?

• this should help:

select ExecutionLog.UserName,

Catalog.Name,

Catalog.Path,

ExecutionLog.TimeEnd,

ExecutionLog.Parameters

from Catalog inner join ExecutionLog on

Catalog.ItemID = ReportID

• thanks

logged onto the SSRS server i assume (don't have permissions...will try and sort with the DBAs)

• You can create a simple report based on that query...It's nice to get an idea of your report services utilization.........

• There was a great set of reports for the Execution Log included in the Microsoft Press Step by Step book for SSRS. It had an accompanying SSIS package that ETL'd the data from the Report Server to another server/database. They needed some small modifications for them to be more user-friendly, but were great when done.

It may have been an official Microsoft sample, but I'm not sure.

• thank bob & dave

took me a while to figure out the

use [ReportServer]

bit 🙂

one further question...i'm trying to pull the data out and into a flat file, or anywhere (!) in SSIS, but it always brings through zero rows for some reason

am i missing something obvious?

edit: hmmmm something strange IS going on, couldn't get it to work with a data-flow task, but got it to work with pure SQL...

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply