SSRS: Report Manager Virtual Directory shows red, but it was created successfully

• I have a SQL Server 2005 database on a 64-bit server. Server is Windows 2003 Standard editon. I have reporting services installed and I am using IIS 6.0.

I am using the Configure Report Server to setup and configure the reportings services. When I attempt to configure the Report Manager Virtual Directory, it says:

"The default virtual directory settings has been applied for the report manager".

In IIS, there is a default virtual directory created. Things look good, no errors. However, Report Manager Virtual Directory still has a red check mark, and I can not continue. Nothing reported why its still red.

Why does the Report Manager Virtual Directory show red, but it was created successfully?

• In 2003 IIS 6 comes locked down to render static html so you have two options either delete the current virtual directory and create a new one or remove IIS 6 and install it again this time click on details during installation to add all the features needed to run Asp.net. Check below for how to configure SSRS.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc304416.aspx

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply