SSRS Report is not Refreshing

• To all:

I have created an SSRS report, but the data does not refresh. I am using the SSRS Report Buidler to create reports and when I run the query in the dataset, the results return as expected. However, when I run the report itself, the dataset appears old.

Has anyone experiencd this and/or know how to fix?

• Yes, I believe SSRS Caches data.

Click Manage on your report then select the Processing Options tab.

Select Do not cache temporary copies of this report to always run the report with the most recent data.

This link may help as well

http://blogs.technet.com/b/rob/archive/2010/02/11/caching-ssrs-reports-for-performance.aspx

***SQL born on date Spring 2013:-)

• unselect the option of which allows the report to capture the catch copy. this will cause report to run every time with actual data

WINNERS NEVER QUIT AND QUITTERS NEVER WIN

sqlserversdba.wordpress.com

• Hi, I have confirmed my settings under:

1. Processing Options

2. Always run this report with the most recent data

3. Do not cache temporary copies of this report (is selected).

However, this does not solve the issue. My report is resenting old data.

Looking at other articles, many say to delete the "rdl.data" file in BIDS. However, I created this report using SSRS Report Builder and I cannot seem to find the file to remove.

Any addtional thoughts/advice would be very much appreciated and thank you!

• Is there anything Hardcoded in your query? Try changing your parameters and see if the results change.

***SQL born on date Spring 2013:-)

• Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I just double checked and no I do not have anything accidently hard coded. I use two parameters and when I run and modify them in the dataset/QUeryDesigner the data refreshes as expected. However, at the Report level the data continues to stay stale and will not refresh.

Also, if I change a header name, that refreshes and shows up on the next report run.

???

• thomashohner (5/19/2015)

Is there anything Hardcoded in your query? Try changing your parameters and see if the results change.

Yes there has to be something in query which will be selecting the old data

check the query for where clause

sqlserversdba.wordpress.com

• I found this useful

http://jasonfaulkner.com/ClearDataCacheBIS.aspx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply