SSRS expeort to Excel Limitations.

• Hi members,

Can anyone tell me what the limitations are when a report is exported to Excel sheet..like the rows limitation etc..

If there is a row limitation per sheet , how to export the report to two different sheets on the same Excel sheet.

Thanks,

Nemo

• If remember correctly Excel 2003 comes with a size limitation but it was fixed in Excel 2007 but I could be wrong so check.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Excel 2003 hat a max dimension of 65'335 Rows x 256 columns

In excel 2007 this has greatly increased, but still not to infinity. I guess that just nobody has reached the end yet 🙂

• Thank u guys..

I have one more question...

Can i export two different reports to same excel sheet?? If so how can i do that...

Thanks,

Nemo

• You could create a new report and add the reports you want to merge as sub-reports.

Please open new threads for new questions....

• Excel 2007:

Row Limit: 1,048,576

Column Limit: 16,384

I've not played around with SSRS 2008, does anyone know if it uses Excel 2003 or 2007 row and column limits?

• @Carleton: SSRS 2008 delivers .xls files, not .xlsx, when exporting to excel. I assume that it uses the Excel2003-Renderer.

• SSRS 2008 does not use the 2007 Excel rendering engine. You are still under the limit of 2003. You can export to CSV and then open in Excel. It's not the best solution but is a work around.

• Thanks Dave.

Does SQL 2008 SSIS play nicely with Excel 2007?

(sorry for hijacking this thread)

• Yes, as long as you're not running your packages in 64-bit mode, but that's an issue with 2003 as well. My preference is to convert the Excel files to CSV wherever possible. I've also had issue with SSIS picking wrong data type as it only samples the first few hundred rows in the spreadhseet.

• Very helpful, thanks.

• You're welcome. Not sure if you'll be going to PASS this year in Seattle but if you are, it's worth it to check out any seminars Brian Knight is running. He's very informative when it comes to SSIS.

• Hi.

I have a method.

First, you can export those two reports to two different sheets of Excel.

Then, you can add the data of the second sheet to the first sheet.

Do you think it is ok?

RAQ Report: Web-based Excel-like Java reporting tool[/url]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply