SSRS: Display mre than first row

• I have created a dataset which the result of is about four rows. I have then created a table and in the details section I am dragging each of the fields i want to display.

I would like the table to display all four fields or however many the query returns dependent on the parameters however it only display the first field.

I can see why it displays the first field, it is because there is the following format to the fields once i drag them to the table:-

=First(Fields!EditionName.Value, "WfordFull")

What can i substitute 'First' with in order to get this to display all the rows.

Thanks in advance.

• I would like the table to display all four fields or however many the query returns dependent on the parameters however it only display the first field.

Do you mean "display all four rows"?

To display all results of your query you should drag the fields of your dataset into the details row of your report table. When you add a table to your report it will generally have a header row on top, a details row in the middle and a footer row on the bottom. Visual Studio usually only adds the First() around your field reference if you add that field to a group row.

If you want to display 4 rows regardless of how many records are returned by your query, I can't help you with that. You would have to construct your query to return 4 rows every time, but with null data for empty rows.

• Jay_Noob thanks for your reply. My query will not always return four rows it can be any number of rows but what i would like is that whatever the number of rows the query brings back, i would like them to appear one below the other.

At the moment when i drag the field to the details section it puts the 'First' in front like =First(Fields!EditionName.Value, "fordFull").

Is there a way of substituting First with some other command that allows all the values of the query to be listed in the report table one below the other.

• Are you sure you're putting them in the details row? Group sections add aggregates and would cause the behavior in row counts you're experiencing. Can you post a screen shot of the RDL?

• Thanks Dave,

I put it into the correct row and recieved the desired results. I'm afraid I am self taught on SSRS so am having to learn as i go along.

• You're welcome.

• If you bind the dataset name to the table in the design and want to display all the results of which you are getting from the query..Just remove the "First" from the value fields..

Just enter,

=Fields!EditionName.Value

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply