SSRS 2005 to 2008 Compactible Mode

• How does reporting services know which reports converted successfully and which ones it needs to run in compatible mode.

I mean after converting the reports how to check whether the reports are migrated or not.

Thanks in advance

kumar

• I dont believe there any incompatibilities in a report definition itself. The elements that might arise as incompatibilities are any additional modules used (.dll files), or any sql query that requires sql server 2008 to run in some level of compatibility mode.

Can you provide more details on what your scenario is specifically? Did you migrate a 2005 SSRS instance to 2008 and now you are missing reports?

• I Migrate the SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008. But i need to know where to see the flag in report server database( i.e., which table exactly) that the reports total converted into SSRS 2008.

Thanks,

kumar

• the "catalog" table contains the reports. If you are concerned certain reports or elements didnt migrate, i suppose you could compare that table to the table on the old server to see if it is the same.

How did you "Migrate" from 2005 to 2008? You should just need to back up the key from the old server using reporting services configuration manager, then back up the ReportServer database, then restore both to the 2008 instance. It should all just work unless you are using special additional modules.

• Migrating the Reports from 2005 to 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply