SSRS 2005: Navigate To hyperlink visibility

• Hi,

I have some SSRS reports, where users can click on an item in the report to navigate (ie. drill-down) to another report to see further info on that item.

The problem is that other putting a tooltip I cannot see anyway to 'style' these items like a regular hyperlink so that it is obvious to users that they can click on this item. They have to move the mouse around watching when it changes to a hand or when the tooltip appears.

Is there an easy way (other than using underline) to change the style for this 'navigate to' option?

Thanks,

Richard

• We looked for something like this for a while as well with no luck. Business Objects lets you set the cell as "Hyperlink" and it applies the format automatically, but SSRS does not appear to have an equivalent. We ended up changing our column headers to include text to let the users know the values were interactive (i.e. "Person Name (click on name for Detail Report)"). Not great, but with a little reminding the users got used to it.

• You can use Expressions to write your own script to get look and feel, we would normally make bold with underline and change color to Blue to make it look like hyperlink

• Thanks for the ideas, I will try both and see what user feedback prefers.

Further reading has led me to believe it may be possible to edit the CSS on the server, but I don't know if one of the 'classes' in the CSS controls hyperlink formatting...would be nice to know, anyone? :w00t:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply