SSRS 2005 multi value parameter / hide columns

• i have 2 multi value parameters NO and NAME for these parameters i set value as 1 and 2 respectively in available values

based on the input selection i have to hide respective columns,for this i used the below expression for respective columns.

=IIF(Parameters!p.Value(0)= "1",true,false)

=IIF(Parameters!p.Value(0)= "2",true,false)

its working fine when i select any one parameter,if i select both parameters its not working

• yudy.varma (5/15/2012)

i have 2 multi value parameters NO and NAME for these parameters i set value as 1 and 2 respectively in available values

based on the input selection i have to hide respective columns,for this i used the below expression for respective columns.

=IIF(Parameters!p.Value(0)= "1",true,false)

=IIF(Parameters!p.Value(0)= "2",true,false)

its working fine when i select any one parameter,if i select both parameters its not working

First off your expressions are looking at the same parameter, not 2 parameters, so I am not sure how you want the 2 to interact. Also, in one expression you are saying that if the first value of the parameter = 1 then hide the column, in the second expression you are saying that if the first value of the parameter = 2 then hide the column. These to me seem to be conflicting expressions. You say that both parameters are multi value, are there any values other than 1 or 2?

• i have only 1 multi value parameter "P"

• Instead of making multi-value for the parameter add a 3rd value to show both columns and change your expression to show the column for both the values.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply