SSIS unable to use ODBC System DSN

• Hello Friends,

So lately I'm having a problem with SSIS not being able to connect to the ODBC System DSN(Sybase). One has been created but it just won't access it.... doesn't even find it!!! I've tested the System DSN and it all connects without a problem but SSIS simiply can't access it.

I have also created a User DSN that SSIS can conncet to but if the user logs off the machine then it fails(SSIS runs via a job). I've even created a SSIS Package Execution account(under the User DSN account) but it still fails if that user is not locally logged on.

It's doing my nut in, can someone please suggest a solution to get SSIS to use the System DSN account.

Cheers 🙂

Remember
    Without Change something sleeps inside of us that seldom awakens, the sleeper must awaken!!

• Hey,

So the problem was because when you run odbcad32 from run command it executes the 32bit verison of and not the 64bit versison even thought the server is Windows 20082r. For some reason SSIS was able to access the 32bit verison User DSN and not the system. Once i ran odbcad32 from WOW64 and added an entry into the System DSN SSIS was able to access it.

Cheers 🙂

Remember
    Without Change something sleeps inside of us that seldom awakens, the sleeper must awaken!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply