SSIS Script Task C#

• Hi All,

I need to import files based upon their last edited date. So for example today I may receive two files and tomorrow i may receive four. I can write a console app which checks the provided directory and returns all of the files modified today. How can I then loop through those files via ssis to import them?

Thank you all in advance,

Paul

• Hi,

You should look into utilizing the ForEach object from the Toolbox. You can configure it to loop through each file in a directory and have a process within the ForEach to handle each file.

From BOL about the ForEach:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141724.aspx

Generally, you'd have a list of flat files to import, so the foreach would, at a bare minimum, contain a data flow task to load the data from the file.

There are many examples online if you search the foreach enumerate for processing files.

Best regards,

Steve

• Hey Steve,

Thank you very much for your response. Despite my weak C# skills I was able to write a script which could identify all files with a last edited date of today. In that script I use a foreach loop to iterate through the list of files which were edited today. From there I use the StartsWith method to determine which file is which and set the connection strings right in there. If your interested I can post the script. Again, thanks soo much for taking the time to offer a possible solution.

Thank you,

Paul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply