SSIS Script Component Task Performance

• Hi all,

I have to use script component as a transformation to write VB.NET scripting. I came to know the script is invoked by every row in the input or output. I have millions of rows, will there be a performance issue using this task?

Thanks

Karthik

• It does its best, but yes.

Can you summarise what you need to do? Maybe there are faster alternatives which you have not considered.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Thankyou Phil for ur quick response.

To summarize, i have an existing VB application which reads data from text file (million rows) and does lot of business logic using ADO recordsets and finally inserts data into required table. The data in the text file is read using FSO. Millions of inserts done on SQL which hits performance. I'm planning to write SSIS for this to improve performance. I tried using Lookup task, conditional split and multicast. All works fine, but since there are lot many rules i endup in creating complex package with many tasks. Trying to use the existing code in scripting component to reduce complexity.

Any suggestion on this is highly appreciable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply