SSIS running sql agent job succeeds even though the Job actually fails

• Hi all ,

I have a sqljob "job1" which runs a TSQL statement " Select * into Target from Source" . Since i already h've a table called Target , running this job would actually result in failure.

When i add a task in SSIS (either ExecuteSQL or ExcuteSQLAgent) to run the above sqljob , it "SUCCEEDS" . But actually looking at the history of the job it says it fails for the obvious reason .

Any idea how to get SSIS know the exact execution outsome of the agent job ?

Thanks

Sridhar

• I am not sure how you configured your connection, but one thing you can do is check the connection manager. There is a connection method that can actually ignore any errors that occur after the first result set. Are you running other SQL statements in this SSIS task?

• This is just a ExecuteSQLAgent task in SSIS which selects the job in the server which has that job . The task succeeds even thought the job fails. This is nothing to do with "ForceExecutionResult Property is that's what you mean

• sridhar_kola

If i understand you fully you have two jobs.

The first one calls the second through a executeSQL task correct?

The second job contains the other SQL statement that fails correct?

if this is the case then i think its logical the first job results in succes because the second job is started succesfully.

So that SQLtask is evaluated succesfully.

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply