SSIS Performace Issue

• [font="Verdana"]

I'm loading the couple of text files to SQL Server Database and

each file contains 1000 records and total number of files are 15.

Problem is each file is taking more then 5mins time to load.

File contains 12 columns (String)

Converting 2 columns into integer by using derived column and remaining 10 are loading as string

Below is the code used for conversion

(DT_I4)Mailer_ID

(DT_I4)Move_Effective_Date

I have tried to increase DFT buffer size and data conversion is used in place derived column. But problem still exist

Thanks,

Dan

[/font]

• koti.raavi (8/8/2016)

I'm loading the couple of text files to SQL Server Database and

each file contains 1000 records and total number of files are 15.

Problem is each file is taking more then 5mins time to load.

File contains 12 columns (String)

Converting 2 columns into integer by using derived column and remaining 10 are loading as string

Below is the code used for conversion

(DT_I4)Mailer_ID

(DT_I4)Move_Effective_Date

I have tried to increase DFT buffer size and data conversion is used in place derived column. But problem still exist

Thanks,

Dan

So ... is it a couple, or is it 15 files?

What does the target table look like ... how many rows does it contain?

Can you post the DDL, including index definitions, for the target table?

For such a small number of rows, there should be no need to play around with buffer sizes.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Yes 15 files, Its newly created and doesn't have any indexes at all.Thanks

• OK. Does each file take the same length of time?

Are the files stored locally on the server?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Depends upon data.. One file got 500 rows took 4mins and other file 1000 rows took 7mins..

Yes loading in local temp server.

• So, to confirm, the target table is a heap – is that correct? Or does it have a primary key?

Are you loading in series or in parallel?

• Yes ..heap table and series execution..havent tried for parllel execution

• koti.raavi (8/8/2016)

Yes ..heap table and series execution..havent tried for parllel execution

Then I am out of ideas right now.

Can you try this on another machine ... perhaps on a local instance ... to see whether it happens there too? Just to attempt to rule out any possible environmental issues.

• I don't know this will help your speed issue, but consider not doing the conversion between the file and the landing table. Your first job is to just get the data. Once you have it, you can start converting and cleaning from there.

• Thanks Phil, I will check in different server and will see how it goes .

• I will try converting the data after loading. One more question , string data what we have in text file having some spaces.What is the best way to do?. Can we do in package level by using derived column or creating sp and including sp in package .Thanks

• koti.raavi (8/8/2016)

I will try converting the data after loading. One more question , string data what we have in text file having some spaces.What is the best way to do?. Can we do in package level by using derived column or creating sp and including sp in package .Thanks

String data often has spaces in it, and SSIS can import such data. So ... I'm not sure what the problem is. What exactly are you trying to do?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply