SSIS Package XML Configuration

• 1) We are doing data migration from SQL Server 2000 OLTP design to SQL Server 2005 OLAP design.

2) We have used SSIS packages and data flow tasks in which we mentioned connection strings for source and target containers.

3) We have a master execute package which contains series of execute packages in relational order.

4) When we execute this master package, we should be able to dynamically specify different source and connection strings for all packages.

5) In master execute package, we generate an XML configuration file using SSIS -> Package Configurations... using Connection Managers -> Particular connection

6) Now, we change connection string to point to another database after adding this new OLE DB connection in Connection Manager of each and every package.

7) When we save, build and execute master package it is still executing migration packages against the old database. Please let me know what I am missing.

• "6) Now, we change connection string to point to another database after adding this new OLE DB connection in Connection Manager of each and every package.

7) When we save, build and execute master package it is still executing migration packages against the old database. Please let me know what I am missing."

Did you change the connection string in the connection manager of the pacakge or in the configuration file?  You need to change the connection string in the actual XML configuration file.  And most importantly you need to change the value that appears in the <ConfiguredValue> section(s) of that file.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply