ssis package runs fine in business intelligence studio but fails in sql server agent

• Hi,

After going through so much, the main problem was with the Flat File Destination task. It was getting the file from one of the drive (F:\\). Internally, it was working fine but when this package was run from the Sql Server Agent, it failed since the service agent could not connect to this drive. I moved this to one of the file server that was accessible and there was no Firewall issue. And finally, the package ran fine without any error from the Sql Server Agent.

I think i didn't provide you guys enough details on how the file was coming through. Sorry for making this post so long. Thanks for all your guys help. I learned a lot while going through and understood the difference between BIDS and Sql Server Agent.

Thanks once again.

• It usually is something as silly and simple as that.

Good job on finding it.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Glad that it all worked out and that you (and me) learned something from it.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply