SSIS Package Failing

• We have a package which runs under one ID, but only runs under another ID sometimes. What the...?

20,0000 foot view:

We had a stable package which runs under a user ID, let's call it ID1. This ran fine until I added a second level of package nesting.

Master package calls Fact Load package

Fact Load Package calls Get Broker Commission

The package is kicked off from PeopleSoft, which sends a command line command to kick off psecec.exe, which kicks off a batch file which runs DTExec. (we pass the user ID and Password)

It started to fail.

When I run it using ID2, it runs perfectly. Both have the sa permissions on the database.

ID2 is not appropriate for us to be kicking off the package with for various reasons, so we would like to use ID1 again.

The weird thing is, if I reboot the server, the package runs using ID1. If I then use ID2 to run it, the next time I try and run it with ID1, it fails. There are NO CHANGES in between running it with different IDs.

So, can anyone give me any insight to how a user ID can affect the package??

Is the package execution getting stored in cache or something with the ID2 credentials which is causing it to fail with ID1?

FYI - we have tried the PackageProtection property already and have a call into microsoft. So far we can't get anywhere.

Please HELP!! 🙂

• you said that you already tried protection level in the package!! can you specify which protection level you are using?? have you tried changing the protection level to don't save sensitive??

• Thanks for responding. Yes, I have changed the package protection level to DoNotSaveSensitive. I have also, at Microsoft support direction, changed the protection level to have a password. (I forget the keyword at the moment)

As an update to my situation, we ran the package today on the dev environment multiple times today and could not get it to fail. We set the scheduler to run it every two hours and finally got it to fail again.

Does SSIS service run a process of some sort at a set time?

For example, Reporting Services runs a process every twelve hours to update the subscription information to the system tables. I can't find documentation of this, but I know we run a trigger based on this. So I am suspecting that maybe something like that is going on here.

By the way, I realize I've been giving a high level version of the situation. I have many details to provide if anyone is interested in helping.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply