SSIS package Execution Jobs failed to Run

• dear all,

I have a Problem when i'm running jobs to Run SSIS package..the log said "Message

The job failed. The Job was invoked by User LENOVO-PC\LENOVO. The last step to run was step 1 (Step One).

FYI,the SSIS package is a jobs importing data from another database,the step detail listed below :

1.i used export-import data using wizard and i save the SSIS package.

2.i make a job to execute the SSIS package that i have saved before

3.when i run the jobs and then failed..

so,anyone can gimme information why this can be happen?

thanks before

regards

martell

• Usually I find better information in the log message in the Job History one step lower than where your message appears. What does that log message say?

• the message is "Message

Executed as user: LENOVO-PC\SYSTEM. The package execution failed. The step failed."

i used the same user when i import the data and save the SSIS package..

thank u for replying..need assist here...

• I would try two basic steps from here...

1) Run the job manually and check results

2) Execute the pacakge manually (making sure you are executing the same job package that is called by the job)

What happens?

• SequelSurfer (6/21/2010)

I would try two basic steps from here...

1) Run the job manually and check results

2) Execute the pacakge manually (making sure you are executing the same job package that is called by the job)

What happens?

for the 1st it still failed and got the same message

and the 2nd i have a very basic question,how can i execute the package manually and where is the list of the package that i already save,if i can edit the properties

thanks alot

• I think you should check Books Online to look at how the packages are stored and the different methods of storage, then you can be confident of calling the correct package from the job. You will aslo be able to test the saved package from outside the job, ensuring it works in isolation.

(Would have liked to have given a more detailed answer, I'm just pressed for time...)

• It looks like your job is running in the context of the SQL Agent service logon which, in your case, is the local system account. This account would have no access to external network resources. Does your SSIS package connect to anything that is not on the SQL Server?

• if you want to execute your package manually, connect in object explorer to your "Integration Services" and then expand the "msdb" or "File System" folder under stored packages.

As far as your error is concerned, you will get a lot of information about your error if you enable the package logging. you can do this when you go into execute package utility to run the package.

On the Logging page, just specify the kind of logging you want.

Just in case you dont know where to find the execute package utility, write "dtexecui" on you run window.

Hope it helps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply