SSIS Package Execs in BIDS but not When Imported into a Job

• Hi All,

I have a package here which creates a file exports it, encrypts it via gnupg pgp encryption and then ftp's it over to another server. This package executes fine in BIDS but not when imported.

The package protection level is set to EncryptUsingPassword. The service account has been given all necessary group privileges and still I receive the following error

Date9/8/2010 11:50:49 AM

LogJob History (Daily Disposition Export)

Step ID1

ServerWEB-1244

Job NameDaily Disposition Export

Step NameRun Export Package

Duration00:00:05

Sql Severity0

Sql Message ID0

Operator Emailed

Operator Net sent

Operator Paged

Retries Attempted0

Executed as user: WEB-1244\SQLAdmin. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 10.0.1600.22 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2005. All rights reserved. Started: 11:50:49 AM Error: 2010-09-08 11:50:54.05 Code: 0xC0029151 Source: Encrypt vendor File via GPG Execute Process Task Description: In Executing "C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\gpg.exe" "--recipient "lewis.clemmens@email.com" --output com_vendor_dispos_20100908.txt.pgp --encrypt com_vendor_dispos_20100908.txt" at "C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG", The process exit code was "2" while the expected was "0". End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 11:50:49 AM Finished: 11:50:54 AM Elapsed: 4.266 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

If anybody could offer some assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,

Paul

• What all permissions service account has on EXE file and on the folders?

Does package saves connection information within itself or uses config file?

• The sqlAdmin account has execute on those folders and is being used as the service account. I also tried this using a proxy and got the same error.

Everything is being stored within the package itself, I am not using a config file.

Thanks again for your help.....

• I assume you're running sql agent service also under "WEB-1244\SQLAdmin".

This account requires "create files / write data" permissions as well on those folders.

• That is correct the sql agent service runs using that account, and I gave that user full control of the folders.

• GNUPG stores the stored encryption keys in the user registry space - have you logged on to the server as the service account and created the keys as this user?

Does the package run in BIDS when logged on to the server directly as the service account user?

• Thank you so much for all of your help. I imported the key on the box logged in as Administrator. I copied the keys to the default users folder and made sure the administrator had full control of that folder. I then created credentials and a proxy for the administrator log in and set the ssis package step to run using that proxy and the job to run as Administrator. The one other thing i needed to add was the administrator account privileges in the sqldts group in computer management.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply