SSIS OutputColumnCollection Index

• Dear All,

I would like to make following asynchronous transformation script component more "universal".

There is one Input column: TextCol

Output columns are : c001, c002, c003

Example Input data (name, age, town) - 9 rows

Ron

London

Jack

Zagreb

Mike

New York

Output should be - 3 rows:

Ron23 London

Jack26Zagreb

Mike33New York

Following code works ok:

Public count As Integer = 1

Public Overrides Sub Input0_ProcessInputRow(ByVal Row As Input0Buffer)

If count = 1 Then

Output0Buffer.AddRow()

End If

Select Case count

Case 1

Output0Buffer.c001 = Row.Textcol

Case 2

Output0Buffer.c002 = Row.Textcol

Case 3

Output0Buffer.c003 = Row.Textcol

count = 0

End Select

count = count + 1

End Sub

But, instead of using names of the columns (Output0Buffer.c001 = ) I would like to use some kind of index Output0Buffer(Index).Value or something like that.

I would appreciate your comments suggestions 🙂

• I have done something similar in the past only on the input collection. The problem was and is that there is no enumeration of the column list available directly in the script component. I found some code that I used as a basis, I would have to look for it to show you, but it used .net reflection and was SLOW, REALLY SLOW. You can do it with a custom component fairly easily but you have to ask yourself how much that universality is worth to you.

CEWII

• Elliott W (3/9/2010)

I have done something similar in the past only on the input collection. The problem was and is that there is no enumeration of the column list available directly in the script component. I found some code that I used as a basis, I would have to look for it to show you, but it used .net reflection and was SLOW, REALLY SLOW. You can do it with a custom component fairly easily but you have to ask yourself how much that universality is worth to you.

CEWII

Thank You Elliot for answer.

Fact is that I have 2 xml files from SAP (17 and 94 rows to "pivot" or "transpose") and in the future will be more. Making code with endless "case select" have no sense to me. Do you have any suggestion how to make transpose before loading into destination?

Thanks again.

• Have you tried to use standard Pivot/Unpivot transformations?

---
    SSIS Tasks Components Scripts Services | http://www.cozyroc.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply