SSIS migration SQL 2005 - 2012

• Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading my SSIS packages from 2005 - 2012. I ran the upgrade wizard and pointed to a copy of my current SSIS packages (I have over 200), and just about all of them have the same message. I know that most of these messages are informational, but the one that concerns me is the following....

The package format was migrated from version 2 to version 6. It must be saved to retain migration changes.

Does this mean that I have to open the package in SSDT or VS, save it and then re-deploy? I hope not because then it's going to be a long day for me! :crazy:

Also, how can I tell if a SSIS package has been upgraded to the latest version?

Any help is appreciated and thanks very much for all your help in the past.

SQL-TG

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. --Mike Tyson

• I've never run the Upgrade Wizard, but my guess would be that this is just a message carried over from SSDT if you open a package/project in SSDT. I would bet you are all set.

You can verify the upgrade by looking at the XML code for the package and look for the Property, PackageFormatVersion, which is 6 for 2012. I don't know what it is for 2005 because I don't have access to any 2005 packages right now.

• Thanks Jack!

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. --Mike Tyson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply