SSIS Lookp transformation - Failed rows reminder

• Need some suggestion in SSIS...

I have implemented a lookup transformation to trace few unmatched records.

This lookup transformation divert few unmatched rows into a 'UNMATCH' object.

Now, think is I need a conformation or reminder when ever data load into this unmatch table [Means when ever this SSIS package finds unmatched records and load into this UNMATCH object then automatically we need a reminder message or some thing like that]

Can you please suggest me how to implement this ,,

Please let me know if you need any other details to solve this....

Thanks in Advance.

Krishna.

• Count the rows, put the result in a variable and send an e-mail if the value of said variable > 0.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Thank you for the reply. But here we are not deleteing existed records in UNMATCH table.

[For example, today we got 3 records into Unmatch obkect and tomorrow may be 6 records, in this case we are not deleting old records and everyday it will increase the row count]. Sorry if I am wrong

Thank you.

• krishnaprasad14 (1/31/2012)

Thank you for the reply. But here we are not deleteing existed records in UNMATCH table.

[For example, today we got 3 records into Unmatch obkect and tomorrow may be 6 records, in this case we are not deleting old records and everyday it will increase the row count]. Sorry if I am wrong

Thank you.

Put a DateCreated (or DateFailed, perhaps) column on the table (default GetDate()).

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• krishnaprasad14 (1/31/2012)

Thank you for the reply. But here we are not deleteing existed records in UNMATCH table.

Thank you.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Count the rows in the dataflow right after the Lookup component with a Rowcount transformation.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Thank you very much.....It's very help full.....

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply