ssis import export wizard

• hy i need to import every week dbf file but the name is different every week : week1,week2...etc

after i make the ssis i make a job and run the job from sqlserver

EXEC

MSDB..SP_START_JOB @JOB_NAME

but i dont want to make every week new ssis

i want to pass the dbf file name to source and use one dtsx each week

thanks

• Is there a formula to obtain the name for each week? or will someone define it manually?

If you go to the connection properties, look for Expressions and use the expression builder to create the name automatically.

I can't help you any further without additional details.

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • You could use an expression to calculate the file name, if the naming is consistent.

If you feel you cannot create a naming rule that would always work, you could use a Foreach loop to look for dbf files in a folder and process them. In order to make sure it doesnt process a file from a previous week, you could use a File System task to move the processed file to a completed folder.

• rswinehart (1/2/2014)

You could use an expression to calculate the file name, if the naming is consistent.

If you feel you cannot create a naming rule that would always work, you could use a Foreach loop to look for dbf files in a folder and process them. In order to make sure it doesnt process a file from a previous week, you could use a File System task to move the processed file to a completed folder.

+1 to the second para - that's what I would do.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply