SSIS error when loading excel data

• I am getting the below SSIS errors when trying to load the data from Excel sheet into a table .

There are just 400 rows in excel:

[Data Conversion 1 [59]] Error: Data conversion failed while converting column "col1" (27) to column "col1" (79).

The conversion returned status value 4 and status text "Text was truncated or one or more characters had no match in the target code page.".

[Data Conversion 1 [59]] Error: The "output column "col1" (79)" failed because truncation occurred, and the truncation row disposition on "output column "col1" (79)" specifies failure on truncation. A truncation error occurred on the specified object of the specified component.

[DTS.Pipeline] Error: The ProcessInput method on component "Data Conversion 1" (59) failed with error code 0xC020902A.

The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running.

Please let me know. Thx.

• I think you should check if metadata of both external columns and output columns is same or not on excel source.

• The meta data of excel source should match with the table meta data. If the meta data is not matching you can change the meta data in the advance editor of the excel source or change the data type of the col1 by using derived column/data conversion.

• I have run into this one a couple times. With SSIS 2005 packages and now with SSIS 2008 even using Excel 2007 xlsx files! :unsure: And always when I am running package after installing BIDS on a new laptop. (I keep forgetting to implement this little fix prior to testing, which reminds me, I need to add this to OneNote).

The fix that is helpful can be found in the following link, it is response from someone else to the same type of problem:

They did a pretty good job at documenting and explaining the resolution to the 25 character 'barrier' with Excel files used as import sources.

Good Luck!

-Jeff K

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply