SSIS DataTranformation

• hi,

i have problem with exporting records using SSIS, when i export record from one table to anthor table(two different servers) using SSIS so many records are missing.

Ex:The source table have 200 records and in the destination table only 120 records getting , remaining 80 records are missing...how..

This ssis will run by the sql job for every 30 minutes...

the source table and destination table columns and data tyes are same.

1)call_Date datetime

2)originalcalledpartynumber varchar 50

3)callingpartynumber varchar 50

4)duration varchar 6

5)DateTimeOrigination varchar 50

but i am getting some warning messages in the SSIS when i run it manually like this

[OLE DB Destination [385]] Warning: Truncation may occur due to inserting data from data flow column "originalcalledpartynumber" with a length of 8000 to database column "originalcalledpartynumber" with a length of 50.

[OLE DB Destination [385]] Warning: Truncation may occur due to inserting data from data flow column "callingpartynumber" with a length of 8000 to database column "callingpartynumber" with a length of 50.

[OLE DB Destination [385]] Warning: Truncation may occur due to inserting data from data flow column "duration" with a length of 50 to database column "duration" with a length of 6.

[OLE DB Destination [385]] Warning: The external metadata column collection is out of synchronization with the data source columns. The column "DateTimeOrigination" needs to be updated in the external metadata column collection.

please give me some solution,thanks in advance.

• The first set of errors aren't too important, though you usually should deal with them by putting in a data conversion task and fixing the inconsistencies.

The last one definitely should be fixed. Edit the component and update the meta data when it asks you.

Finally, if your output is getting fewer rows than you are sending it, one of two things are happening. Either you're redirecting some of the rows to another source, or you're choosing to ignore errors on your destination, and the remaining rows are errors which are being ignored. If that's the case, you can see these errors by redirecting errors to a different destination table.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply