SSIS CONFIGURATION ISSUE - ERROR

• I have been looking for answers on several different locations, but can't seem to find one.

When I right click on the MSDB folder in SSIS, a dialog box comes up that says:

"The SQL Server Instance specified in SSIS service configuration is not present or is not available".

SSIS shows it's running in Configuration Manager.

I just noticed that when I right click on the SSIS instance, there is no properties listed?

Did I miss something on the install?

Note: I did not install this with the SQL Server 2014 initially because no one was using it, but now it is needed.

I installed it later by itself.

Thank you for any help.

• butcherking13 (12/1/2014)

I have been looking for answers on several different locations, but can't seem to find one.

When I right click on the MSDB folder in SSIS, a dialog box comes up that says:

"The SQL Server Instance specified in SSIS service configuration is not present or is not available".

SSIS shows it's running in Configuration Manager.

I just noticed that when I right click on the SSIS instance, there is no properties listed?

Did I miss something on the install?

Note: I did not install this with the SQL Server 2014 initially because no one was using it, but now it is needed.

I installed it later by itself.

Thank you for any help.

The error message is pretty clear

SSIS needs to know what SQL Server Instance has the MSDB database that it is supposed to use. This name if this instance is stored in the SSIS configuration file called "MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml" which can be found on the drive that SSIS is installed on in folder "Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Binn" .

You may need to edit this file so that it contains the name of an instance that is running. Before you make any change, backup this file.

In this file, you should see a line that looks like "<Name>MSDB</Name>" followed by "<ServerName>". By default, the name of the server is probably ".". Change this to the name of the SQL 2014 instance and then restart the SSIS service.

• Thank you and that was it!

I guess because I didn't install at the same time the instance was wrong in that xml file so I did change it to match the instance name. I did reboot and can now open the folder.

However, one thing doesn't seem right. When I right click on the SSIS instance, I don't see any properties option? That doesn't seem right? Or is that normal?

Thank you for any reply!

• Also, the developer can't connect to it, but I gave her permissions?

I'm missing something? Any ideas?

Thank you

• Just to clarify-

The developer can't see the SSIS instance when she attempts to connect through object explorer from her client?

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

• butcherking13 (12/2/2014)

Thank you and that was it!

I guess because I didn't install at the same time the instance was wrong in that xml file so I did change it to match the instance name. I did reboot and can now open the folder.

However, one thing doesn't seem right. When I right click on the SSIS instance, I don't see any properties option? That doesn't seem right? Or is that normal?

Thank you for any reply!

That is normal behaviour

• butcherking13 (12/2/2014)

Just to clarify-

The developer can't see the SSIS instance when she attempts to connect through object explorer from her client?

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Perhaps, get the developer to run SSMS as administrator ?

• Yes, I did try that to weed out and it did work.

After looking up threads, I realized it was an extra permissions issue I was not aware for SSIS. Once I granted, she is good.

Thank you!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply